The skin has been broken and colour pigment placed into it. It is imperative to follow the precautions listed below and avoid scrubbing, rubbing, harsh cleansing and distorting the colour until the skin can heal.
Observe the following for a seven-day period.
1. Keep make-up to a minimum
The skin is open with the newly implanted colour pigment in the treated area. Make-up application on top of the treated area prior to healing will distort the colour of the pigment implanted.
- Eyeliner – Eye shadow may be applied above the implanted line, being careful not to disturb the treated area. Apply and remove with a Q-tip. Mascara can be applied to end of lashes only. Do not attempt to remove nightly, keep light, simply adding small amount daily until area is healed. CAUTION: Loss of pigment in eyeliner is common by contact wearers and those trying to remove eye makeup. Contact wearers should wear glasses during healing period.
- Brows – Do not apply foundation or use cleanser over implanted area during healing.
- Lips – The most difficult area to retain colour during healing due to normal uses of the mouth such as eating and drinking fluids.
2. No soaps or cleansers
These are designed to clean the pores and to remove foreign substance; obviously it will remove pigment prior to healing. For the first 24-48 hours use only cool water; never use hot water. Use only sterile water or water that has been boiled.
3. Avoid steaming showers, saunas, or hot tubs
This will open the pores and allow the colour to lift.
4. Avoid sunlight
Exposure to sunlight will result in colour loss and fading. Wear sunglasses and sun block. No sunbeds!
5. Avoid excessive exercising
This will make you sweat which contains salt, this could force out the colour.
6. Avoid chlorine water.
Chlorine treated water will result in colour loss.
7. Apply SOS cream.
Apply cream immediately after the procedure, and then in the evening and again in the morning for the first two days. Use as directed by technician.
8. Never rub or pick.
Do not attempt to remove skin when exfoliation or scabbing occurs. Picking will pull out the colour.
After two weeks, the colour remaining is permanent. Resume your normal cleansing and care routines.
For any other after care support please feel free to contact us!